Ananuri Fortress – Feudal Age (XVI-XVII cc) Fortress Ananuri fortress in the north from the Dariali Gorge was the Aragvi Eristavi’s residence. According to Georgian history, in 1743 the king of Kakheti Teimuraz II abolished the Aragvi Sairistavo and honoured the Ananuri fortress to the king’s government. In the second half of the XVIII century, Georgia became an Anan City as a result of the economic strengthening of Russia, in 1803-1821 was Ananuri Mazra Center. Ananuri ensemble consists of secular, military and religious buildings. On 24 October 2007 Ananuri Fortress is included in UNESCO World Heritage List.
Find below tours we are offering in Ananuri